Have something to say? Feel free to email me at azgirl14@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Terrible Teething

22 weeks.  That's how long my girl has been teething - with absolutely no sign of teeth!  Poor kid.  A friend asked what we have been doing for her so I thought I would put a little post together on items we are using to soothe her little gums.

Bright Starts Polar Gel Teether 
This is a teether you can put in the freezer.  So far, Abby hasn't been a fan of it frozen which is good because I read that frozen teethers are actually bad for baby gums (something about it being too cold). Not sure how true that is, but didn't want to take a chance.

Bright Starts Pretty in Pink Chill and Teethe  
These teethers you can put in the fridge to make them cool.  Abby has been a huge fan of these ones.  There are more manly ones for the gentlemen in your life.  She especially loves the flower shaped one.

Bright Starts Twist 'n Teethe  
We call this Abby's "lady" - it just looks like a lady to me.  She loves to chew on this one!  The little nubs are great on the beads and she can hold onto it easily too.

Bright Starts Fun Links 
I'm not sure that these are intended to be teething toys but Abby loves chewing on them.  She loves the different colours and textures.  Added bonus: these are the most useful things ever!  They are great for entertaining her, holding extra toys on her carseat or activity gym and I even use one to hang her clean bibs off her high chair for easy access.  LOVE these!

Teether Keys 
Abby's aren't this fancy (you can't freeze hers) but she loves her little keys!  Great for chewing on!

Nuby Natural Flex Orthodontic Pacifiers  
Now that Abby is older, we are trying some of the 6 month+ pacifiers.  She's become a big fan of these pacifiers by Nuby.  They have massaging nubs at the end of the nipple to help massage her sore gums. So far these are a winner!

Other items
Abby also loves using frozen wash cloths (or dry ones for that matter) to chew on.  I think it's the texture that she really likes.  Her Tommee Tippee spoons are another thing.  She will chew on them extra hard when I'm feeding her when her teeth are bugging her.  And sometimes we have to resort to Infant Tylenol or Advil for those nights when nothing seems to be calming her and she's clearly in pain or running a fever.  We try to avoid these but sometimes we all just need a rest from teething and this is what works for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment