So one thing I have learned - I know nothing about being a parent. The past couple of months are a total blur but there were some things that were essential for us to survive those long nights while we learned what Abby loved and hated!
- Fisher Price Soothe n Glow Seahorse: this thing is a baby whisperer. I don't know what it is but Abby LOVES this thing. It will calm her during her most fussy times. Yes, there have been some issues with it but there is a newer version and we haven't had any issues with ours. My understanding is that the melting issues happen with rechargable batteries. Either way, this thing comes absolutely everywhere with us!
- My Brest Friend: I wasn't sure I was going to do the whole breast feeding thing but after a lot of coaching and encouragement, I'm glad I did. This nursing pillow made the experience MUCH easier. I tried the Boppy pillow and found it to be completely useless because it was so squishy. The Brest Friend was nice and firm and I liked that I could wrap it around myself securely. It also helped to raise Abby up to a height that was more comfortable for those long hours of nursing.
- Medela Pump In Style: I was dealing with oversupply and forceful letdown so me and the pump became fast friends. The only issue I had with this was that I didn't realize this wasn't the handsfree version so I also purchased a Medela hands free bra to make it easier when I wanted to pump both sides.
- ExerSaucer - Life in the Amazon Triple Fun: now obviously we can't really use this for a while but what I loved about this particular exersaucer is that it grows with the child. We used the little butterflies for Abby to swat at and she loved them. I'm sure this will get lots of use as we go!
- Cloud B Gentle Giraffe: the white noise was great for Abby and it completely matches the theme of her room.
- Blooming Bath: I was really nervous about bathing Abby because she was sooooo small when we brought her home. The Blooming Bath is one of my absolute favourite things we received. It made the kitchen sink a lot less scary because I didn't have to worry about her hitting her head, etc.
- Graco Pack n Play: we loved the bassinet feature of this playpen because we wanted to have our baby next to us for the first portion of her life. It worked well for a while but then she got too long and hated that her feet touched the bottom. We continue to use it though for her to sleep in our room and be next to us.
- Bright Starts InGenuity Cradle & Sway Swing: I can't say enough good things about this swing. It will swing in 3 directions which was fantastic because she could watch us if we were in the next room or swing in a different way if she was being particularly picky that day. It was great for getting her to sleep when she just wanted to keep moving.
- Fisher Price Fast Finder Pocket System Diaper Bag: we love this bag for lots of reasons. Andrew thinks it's great because it "doesn't look like a purse" so he still feels manly carrying it. I love it because there's lots of room in it and all the essential things are right on the outside of the bag. One of my favourite things is the wipes holder - you just buy a travel package and drop it in. So simple. Find a diaper bag you love because you will be carrying it a lot!
- Ovol Drops: my cousin suggested these to me when I mentioned that Abby was extremely gassy and screaming all. night. long. These were a sanity saver. Abby immediately quieted down once she had these. Gripe water worked too but didn't have the same amazing effect.
- Playtex Drop In Bottles: these are Abby's favourite and apparently the most highly recommended among mothers. Super convenient with the drop in liners as well.
- Burp Cloths: can't have enough of these for all the spit up, etc. The bigger the better!
- D Drops: I tried the Enfamil type first because I had no idea what the nurse was talking about when Abby was born. Skip that and get these! One drop and you are done No fighting with 1 mL of liquid. I can put it on before I feed and Abby doesn't even know she's eating it! A must for all breastfeeding moms!

No comments:
Post a Comment