So I've been trying to keep a journal for Munchie but it's going to be extra hard this week since I accidently broke my thumb on Monday morning. It's a long, ridiculous story with a pretty sad ending. Dear Munchie, I hope you don't inherit my clumsiness!
Today marks the 20 week point and I can't help but feel a little bit like Alice in Wonderland standing on those paths looking back to see that she had come so far and looking forward to see that there was still so far to go. That's what today feels like. The past couple of days I have been bursting with excitement at the thought of meeting this little baby. What will he/she be like? Will they look like me or your Daddy? Will you be creative like him or very logical like me? The anticipation is killing me!
I spent a good 10 minutes this morning staring at an empty crib (this also made me late for work) but I couldn't help but smile at the thought of walking into your room and seeing you look at me and be excited too that your mom was there. Perhaps even reaching up for me because you couldn't wait to get a cuddle.
Yes, it seems like we have a long way to go but the truth is, we are halfway there and I couldn't be happier!
No comments:
Post a Comment