Have something to say? Feel free to email me at azgirl14@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to Work

Today marked the beginning of a new year. A new routine. A new normal. Abby started hanging out with daddy all morning then going to daycare. I started back at work. 

Abby was up in the middle of the night and up super early with me. It's like she knew things were different. Apparently she was a bit difficult on the drive to daycare and was not happy daddy was leaving her there. 

My day was alright. Lots of people dropping by to say hello and me getting to meet a lot of people who started during my year off. I watched the clock all day. I had pictures of Abby everywhere and made sure to have my water bottle, mug and cupcake calendar too. 

I was very excited when 5 pm rolled around and I could run to get Abby. She seemed sad when I got there and on the ride home. During dinner it was obvious she was tired. We Skyped with her grandparents which she loved. 

After she had a quick bath (she was signing all done within 10 minutes) and I rocked her to sleep. These couple of hours with her just aren't enough. I hope we will learn to adjust quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment