Have something to say? Feel free to email me at azgirl14@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Must Have Parenting Products: Cradle Cap Shampoo

So being as though I am a first time parent, I had no idea what cradle cap was or that it was very common in newborns and infants.  For those of you like me, cradle cap is basically when your kid's head looks like it's really dry and peeling.  Scaling if you will.  It's pretty gross.  I thought that Abby was having a really dry scalp.  We had issues when she was first born with really dry skin (it was December afterall) so this didn't surprise me.  I thought that I would try baby oil - this is a bad idea!  It's so greasy and gross and when I did a little reading, it actually clogs pores making the problem worse.  Oops!  I also learned that you can keep baby oil on for 1 hour, brush out the flakes and then shampoo.  I did this and it worked really well for getting the flakes out but then I had to shampoo her hair 4 times and I still think it was greasy.  Dear parents, learn from my mistakes and go out and get Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns.  It's actually made for cradle cap, works wonderfully and you will be free from having to try things first.

I was able to pick this up at Shopper's Drug Mart (only place in my city that carried it).  I will warn you that it is expensive ($17.99 a bottle) but worth it.  You don't need much product so it lasts a long time and as I said, it's really effective.

**Note: this post is in no way sponsored.  Just an opinion from one mom to another.**

No comments:

Post a Comment