Have something to say? Feel free to email me at azgirl14@hotmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Not the Day I Had Planned

Dear Munchie,

I really should listem to your grandma more.  She told me to pack my bags weeks ago in case you decided to make an arrival om your own but I was determined that this whole labour and delivery thing was going to happen on my terms.

I had an appointment with the doctor today just to check on you.  Grandma decided to come along because the doctor hadn't been nice to your dear mom at the last appointment and she was worried because I also had come down with a migraine for the past 4 days. It was awful.  When we got there, they told us that the doctor was going to be late as he was snowed in waiting for a flight home from Toronto.  As we were waiting, the nurse took me in to do my vitals.  This is when things started to go downhill.  My blood pressure was high and there was protein in my urine.  I was swelling like a balloon!  The nurse and I knew that these were all signs of preeclampsia and she told mr that this could mean a trip directly to the hospital but we had to wait for thr doctor to decide for certain.  Now, your mom worries a lot (she gets this from Grandma) and all the waiting for thr doctor meant lots of time to worry about what was next.  They checked my blood pressure again and this time it was much worse.  The doctor immediately decided we were going to the hospital.

We were hoping it was just to be checked out and so we headed over to triage.  They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and we got to listen to your sweet little heartbeat.  You were in there and doing just fine.  They were very concerned about your dear mom though and the medication they gave me wasn't bringingb down my blood pressure fast enough and so it was decided that I was being admitted.  Luckily they gave me a private room!

And so begins another journey in your story... Let us hope we aren't here too long!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment